Saturday, October 11, 2008

On the Hunt

After taking in to consideration many opinions I've gotten about where to live in DC, right now I'm interested in actually living in the District itself. "But what about the crime?" you say. And "It's so expensive!" you exclaim. Well, there are plenty of safe and affordable places, according some people that actually live there. I haven't made up my mind on it, but I do know that I love living in the city. I like the idea of walking places, or riding a bike. I would rather not depend on my car. The roads are crazy! Well, at least to someone who hasn't been there before...

Nick rented a car yesterday so that he could drive into the city today to look for an apartment. He's been very apprehensive about doing this, because it's something so far outside his comfort zone. A) he has to drive into a city he's never been to and find his way around, and B) he has to talk to the leasing agents and property managers about renting and remember all the right questions to ask. In the past, we've done this sort of thing together, and it's worked out well. But, I'm really counting on him to do this so that we can find a place as soon as possible.

He said he would call me this morning, and he did. I expected it to be before he left. But at about 10 o'clock the phone rings.

"Hi!"
"Hi."
"How's it going?"
"I...don't know where I am."

So I got on google maps and turned him around and got him on the right track. He's meeting a friend from high school, Ashley, and she's going with him today. I am soooo grateful! I feel so much better that he has someone to help him out who lives there (even though she's only lived there a week). I wish he had the digital camera with him, but they weren't allowed to bring cameras.

So, everyone cross your fingers that they find something cool today!

No comments: